actions for abolition
Do you know what they’re plotting with #CopCity?
#CopCity, is a massive, $90 million+ police facility that will serve as a training ground for cops nationwide and worldwide in suppressing protests and movements challenging the carceral state more violently.
As abolitionists and organizers of Mutual Aid + Solidarity networks, we must take action against #CopCity and in defense of the Black, poor, and working-class communities targeted by policing and state sanctioning, and in defending the sacred, the Weelaunee Forest, land of the Mvskoke people.
urgent call to action: free krystal clark!
Krystal is in critical need of our help. For the last 13 years, she has been slowly tortured by the conditions inside the prison. Exposure to mold, lack of basic health care, and retaliation from guards for speaking out have caused Krystal’s health to deteriorate so dramatically that her face has suffered paralysis and she relies on a walker for mobility. Krystal is 39 years old. When she entered Women’s Huron Valley in 2011 she was a healthy woman and now, a doctor outside of the prison has assured her she won’t survive if she stays at Huron Valley.
Please join us in taking any and all of these action steps to keep Krystal safe:
1. Send an email using this text with the subject line “URGENT MEDICAL CARE FOR KRYSTAL CLARK #435064” to the following:
Heidi Washington Washington – M6@michigan.gov
Lisa Guilick MDOC Deputy Director of Operations guilickL@michigan.gov
Marti kay Sherry, MDOC Director of Health Care services SHERRYM@Michigan.gov
Jeremy Howard, Warden firstname.lastname@example.org
Don Jones, Director jonesD18@michigan.gov
Emily Cecil, RN CecilE1@michigan.gov
Kyle Kaminski Kaminskik@michigan.gov
2. Share about Krystal with your community and on social media using these images and text
Huron Valley Correctional Facility
3201 Bemis Road
Ypsilanti, MI 48197-0911
free leonard peltier!
1. Contact President Joe Biden and demand the immediate release of Leonard Peltier!
2. Call the White House hotline: 202-456-1111 and tell them you support #LeonardPeltier’s release & the commutation of #LeonardPeltier’s sentence. He’s held at USP-Coleman I in FL. Register number 89637-132
Email/call your and Senators
3. Learn more about Free Leonard Peltier campaigns on the United American Indians of New England website
4. Donate to the International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
5. Call Legislators
6. Write Letters to Congress
7. Visit Members of Congress
8. Sign a Petition
9. Host an Event
10. Educate Others
11. Become a Volunteer
12. Read Leonard Peltier’s book “Prison Writings: My Life Is My Sundance”
13. Sign the change.org online petition: https://bit.ly/3refswl
14. Join the FREE LEONARD PELTIER Facebook group
15. Listen to In the Spirit of Crazy Horse – #FreeLeonardPeltier on When We Fight, We Win!: The Podcast
16. Listen to LEONARD: Political Prisoner on Apple Podcasts
17. Read Leonard Peltier’s National Day of Mourning statement and share
18. Write to Leonard Peltier at:
LEONARD PELTIER #89637-132
USP COLEMAN I
P.O. BOX 1033
COLEMAN, FL 33521
support prison radio & write to incarcerated folks
Donate to Prison Radio so they can keep the lines open for incarcerated people to report on the conditions inside prisons, share their art, and stay connected on the outside.
Listen and write to Prison Radio Correspondents
Black & Pink’s tips for writing to an incarcerated person is also a great resource!